RYA Level 2 - Summer 2018
RYA Level 2 Basic skills - Starts 18th June 2018 followed by alternate Tuesday and Monday evenings
Now you know you enjoy sailing take it to the next level over 5 weeks.
For those who have sailing skills to the standard of Level 1, the course covers rigging, launching, sailing in all directions, capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge.
By the end of the course you should be able to sail and make decisions in good conditions.
For the Level 2 course you need to become a member of the club which includes all membership benefits and obligations. The price includes "full" or "family" membership for the current membership season and one Level 2 course - additional Level 2 courses for qualifying family members at only £75 per person.
Already a member of Tamworth Sailing Club? Book online too and pay only £75 per person.
Students on the preceding Level 1 course will be given priority if places become limited.
Dates: Monday 18th June, Tuesday 26th June, Monday 2nd July, Tuesday 10th July, Monday 16th July
Timing: 6pm till 10pm
All RYA courses are based on the appropriate RYA Handbook and are designed to give you the skills, experience and confidence to gain your RYA certification. As the time on the course is limited, and to maximize the time gaining practical skills on the water, you may be asked to complete theory work at home or read ahead.
- We suggest you wear layers of warm quick drying clothing (no denim!), protected by a wind/waterproof layer. To protect your feet and the boat wear canvas shoes / trainers / wet boots / sailing wellies. Unfortunately, bare feet, high heels, and gardening wellies are NOT allowed.
- Please remember a hat and gloves for courses in cold weather along with sunscreen, a cap and cheap sunglasses with a restraining strap for warm weather courses.
- Always bring a change of clothing and a towel with you, as there is a strong chance you will get wet!! Especially on capsize drill day.
You must always wear a buoyancy aid on jetties or while afloat in a boat. For the duration of the course you may borrow a club buoyancy aid from the training room but please ensure this is returned at the end of each session. After your course, you will be expected to provide your own buoyancy aid while sailing and powerboating.
In case of an accident we have asked you for the details of your Next of Kin, please ensure this information is up to date.
If you are on medication that you think we may need to know about please tell us, also if you need an inhaler or epi pen please ensure these are easily accessible by Instructors in case you require them.
Pre existing injuries
Please inform your Senior Instructor of any injuries.
- The course programme is not rigid. Weather conditions may mean alterations need to be made to the sequence of the course however all the listed exercises will be covered during the course.
- RYA Handbooks and Logbooks will be issued as required (the cost is covered by the course fee) and you will get the appropriate certificate at the end of the course. Please ask your Instructor to sign off the stages of your progression in your Log Book after each session.
- If you are having problems or are not happy with any aspect of the course, please discuss them with your Instructor, Senior Instructor or Training Principal.
- Each person is individual; we expect them to progress at their own rate. We will help you to progress, and will work at a pace to suit you where appropriate.
- We hope you will not have any complaints but please note if required we do have a formal complaints procedure, to investigate any issues.
And finally . . . .
The Club is indebted to the volunteers who are qualified RYA Instructors and who willingly give up their time to ensure we are able to offer these courses. We love sailing and want to give you the chance to love it too.
|Start date||Monday, 18 June 2018|
|End date||Monday, 16 July 2018|
|Price||£180 including membership|