Family Member shall be entitled to and subject to full Club privileges and obligations. Membership shall extend to include the member’s co-habiting spouse / partner and all children within their guardianship under the age of 18 years (unless in full time education when it extends to 21 years). The family unit shall have one vote in General meetings which may be exercised by either adult.
Full Member shall have attained the age of 18 years at the date of application and shall be entitled to and subject to full Club privileges and obligations including the right to vote at General Meetings.
Junior Member under the age of 18 years shall be entitled to full club privileges including boat ownership, but is not entitled to vote. Junior membership is on an individual basis and does not extend to the member’s family. A Junior member under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by another adult member ( of minimum Longshore status) be they parent, guardian or sponsor, who will undertake responsibility for that Junior member at all times.
Longshore Member being an adult over 18 years does not participate in any sailing activity, be it helming, crewing, but wishes to establish or retain contact with the Club on a social basis, and shall be entitled to all Club privileges except that he / she will not be allowed to bring a boat to the Club and is not entitled to a vote. Longshore membership extends to the spouse / co-habiting partner. A Longshore member will not be required to participate in Duty Teams. Membership can be upgraded to Full or Family membership at any time during a membership year by payment to the Club of the difference between the Longshore subscription and the chosen Full or Family membership subscription.
The following groups of members shall be entitled to a 50% reduction on the annual subscription applicable to the category of membership chosen:-
1. Full or Family members who are Registered Disabled.
2. Students in Full-time education between 18 and 21 years of age who choose to join the Club as Full or Family members in their own right.
3. Full or Family members who have attained the Statutory Retirement age or who have retired early and are in receipt of Incapacity Benefit.
Park passes should be obtained directly from the Kingsbury Water Park (KWP) reception. Passes are free except for a deposit. Family, Concessionary Family & Life Family membership entitles the member to two passes. All other categories are limited to one pass. All are subject to the KWP conditions. Further passes may be obtained at the standard KWP rates. KWP will only issue passes against individual names so for 2 passes you need 2 names on 2 KWP forms It may take several weeks for the park to be informed of your membership.
Members of the club, their guests and visitors, may use the Club premises, and any other facilities of the club,
1) The Club will not accept any liability for any damage or loss of property belonging to members, their guests or visitors to the Club.
2) The Club will not accept any liability for personal injury arising out of use of the club premises and any other facilities of the Club, out of participation in any race organised by the Club, whether sustained by members, their guests or visitors, or caused by said members, their guests or visitors to the Club.
3) Before inviting guests or visitors onto the premises or to participate in events organised by the Club, members will draw their attention to this rule.
Parents and guardians are warned that the Club is only able to provide rescue facilities during hours of club racing. Outside these hours, parents and guardians have sole responsibility for children, or any other persons engaged in sailing.
As a “Self Help” club, all members agree to attend a minimum of one working party per year in order to keep the club house and grounds in order and repair. In addition, club members will be allocated to a duty team and will support club activities by providing duty cover as required during the year.
As a member of Tamworth Sailing Club, I agree to my membership details being held on computer. They will not be disclosed to any third party.