New members are welcome at Tamworth Sailing Club
Membership of Tamworth Sailing Club is open to all on a non discriminatory basis. We are a community amateur sports club run by its members for its members and by joining you are agreeing to do your bit to help run what is then your sailing club. The minimum commitment is not onerous with about three duty days per year and attendance at a working party to help maintain the club and grounds. There are also many other rewarding opportunities for those wishing to volunteer more time and many choose to do so.
Before you make the decision about joining please come along to the club and speak to our existing members. There are usually several committee members around during sailing days each weekend.
We would also like to draw your attention to the conditions of membership on the application form:
1) I enclose my membership subscription for this year.
2) I declare that I will maintain a valid certificate of insurance covering my boat(s) to a minimum of £2,000,000 throughout my membership of Tamworth Sailing Club.
3) I agree to my membership details being held on computer files strictly for Tamworth Sailing Club use.
4) I acknowledge that I am applying for membership of a Limited By Guarantee Company and have read the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
5) I have read and understand the information leaflet on Weils Disease and Blue-Green Algae and understand the associated risks.
6) Before racing I will inform the OD of any medical condition that I have which may occur whilst sailing or affect my ability to sail.
7) I agree to abide by all of the clubs polices which are available to view at the club house.
8) I have read and agree to abide by the clubs rules and by-laws.
9) I acknowledge that watersport activities carry risks and will not hold the officers of the club liable for any injury or loss that may occur.
10) I agree to be placed on the duty rota and will attend my allotted duty days or make every reasonable effort to arrange a duty swap. I also agree to attend one work party per year.
11) I acknowledge that I represent the club and will conduct myself in an appropriate manner at all times.
12) The club will not accept liability for any loss or damage of property belonging to members, their guests or visitors to the club
13) Members agree that before inviting guests onto the premises that they will draw their attention to the above rules of the club.
14) I will not store any craft on the clubs premises until I have had confirmation that membership has been accepted and the Harbour master has allocated a berth.
You may resign your membership at anytime during the year but any fees paid or due will not be refundable.